Olive Branch Optimism
what a wonderful world...
Thursday, June 30, 2005
Long Few Days
Greetings and thanks for keeping the hits coming slowly by as I have been away from my computer!

Its good to see the number 400 pass by.

This is the first time in days I have sat at my pc. That is a sad story in itself that I will try avoid happening again. Blogging is high on my priority list, but not at the top.

[hop,skip,jump]
Now I will move on to the important business.

My fundraising for the Jarrar Family has just hit a real beginning last weekend, at the first meeting of Youth and Students Against War since 2003 some time mid-May. It was successfull in my view. We got there, we spoke, it inspired me and now I am DOING THINGS.

Next wednesday I will be holding a market stall with some small pastries and baked goods for sale (that will cost me virtually nothing to make, since I am a pastry cook). I intend to make some small french pastries and other goods to sell at a reasonable yet profitable price.

Eg.

Lamingtons,
Faery Bread (believe it or not),
Mini Lemon Mirangue Pies
Chocolate Fudge
Chocolate Truffle
Vanilla Slice
Rocky Road/Rum Balls
Marshmallows

and maybe get some 'free'

Blueberry/Chocolate Muffins
Gourmet Sausage Rolls
Spinich & Ricotta Rolls
Sweet Potato and Feta Rolls

from work :D

hopefully there is plenty of money to make here.

We are also planning a Sausage Sizzle in the Esplenade in Fremantle for June 17th. This has also been set as the date for the next Youth and Students Against War meet.



All proceeds will go to the Jarrar Family Project, which is raising money to be sent through the Jarrar Families as Emergency Aid Distributed to Iraq. For those unfamiliar this is a fully transparent operation, all receipts, names and photos of the whole process from purchase to delivery to civilian doctors published for the general public to see via Raed's Blog http://raedinthemiddle.blogspot.com/

------------------

Well I am in a real hurry so I will have to catch up on blogging this weekend, I have several "Drafts" that are unpublished so far.

Gotta Run To BBALL NOW!

Mi bro just told me!