I finally got the second post finished for the Olivebranch Network
, and have so far had some great successes in regard to recruiting educated and motivated people.
Two new members were recruited yesterday.John
will be writing about issues//opinions//thoughts and feelings of the Coalition soldiers and the struggles faced by the developing Iraqi Security forces.
Shahram will hopefully help decide what topics & sub-topics need covering regarding Iran, and help recruit the appropriate people to write for such topics..
In the mean time go check out the post at http://olivebranchoptimism.net
(here's the list of topics & sub-topic chosen for Iraq so-far):Iraqi Politics
- Important developments (past & present)
- Physical changes as a result of the political process in Iraq
- fraud/corruption/abuse of power (present & past if related to a current individual/group/etc)
- the players (who they are, what is their past, ideologies, alliances) Resistance/Terrorism/Militia’s
- Who are they? (who are the “terrorists” as opposed to the “resistance”; who are the militias?)
- Differences (history, activities, loyalties, support bases)
- Ideological goals and motivations (particularly the differences)
- Changes & Events (Terrorism chased out of Anbar by resistance, Badr joining political process)The fate of Iraqi women
- The role of women in Iraqi society (past & present)
- Womens constitutional rights in Iraq (past & present + changes)
- Islamic Law//Tribal Law in regard to womenIraqi Hospitals//Health Care issues
- Cancer in Iraq (past & present, causes)
- Availability of supplies//medical equiptment for Iraqi hospitals//doctor’s surgeries
- Assasinations//Targetting of doctors and medical professionals
- How you can helpIraqi Universities
- Quality of education and availability of resources
- Security conditions at Iraq’s universities
- Assasinations//Targetting of Iraq’s educated population
- Activism // Islamification // Women
- How you can helpSecurity forces // Coalition forces
- development of Iraqi police force (past & present)
- development of Iraqi “National Guard” (past & present)
- conditions & attitudes of US//coalition soldiers in Iraq.
- important events//dates (past & present) Reconstruction
- Actual development
- WAR damages & possible reperationsIraqi Blogosphere
- Importance of the Iraqi blogosphere inside Iraq
- Global importance of the Iraqi blogosphere
- Development of the Iraqi blogosphere (past & present)Islam in Iraq
- Role of Islam in Iraqi society (past & present)
- Important figures (past & present, who they are, what is their significance, who supports them)
- Traditions//Celebration//Mourning periodsIraqi Food
- sub-topics yet to be defined.